A. If you do not have a Trimble ID yet
- Check for mail at the address you entered when purchasing your subscription.You will receive an e-mail from email@example.com,with subject “Trimble Account Creation Notification”.
- In this e-mail, click the button Activate accountYou will be sent to a website…
- Enter you e-mail address here and pick a passwordYou now have an active Trimble ID. Continue to step B.What if I didn’t click the ‘activate account’ button before the 72 hours have passed?
B. When you have an active Trimble ID
Check your mail at the address you entered for your Subscription;You will receive an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org,with subject “Entitlement Created”Check your spam or trash folder if your cannot find it.
C. Assign your license
- Click the link in the e-mail to access your subscription.You will be sent to your Account Management Portal
- Now log into your Account Management PortalYou can log in with your Trimble ID or with your Google Account but take care to use the e-mail address you entered when purchasing your subscription.
- When you are logged in, the portal will show you an overview of your account.
- Click the tab Members under “Purchased via ……” (Name of your Reseller)You may need to scroll down!Here you can add yourself as a user of the subscription, click the plus-button:
- Enter your e-mail address and click the ADD button:
- When you have done this, your first and last name will be queried from the database. Click add again to confirm.You will receive an e-mail from email@example.comWith subject “Your license…”In this e-mail is a blue button that says “Get the app”. This button directs you to the download page for SketchUp products and will tell you about your license.
D. Download en install SketchUp
If you already have installed SketchUp Pro 2019 you do not need to do this again. Skip to Step E
- Go to the download page
- Download De SketchUp Pro ‘Desktop Client’. (Either through the link here, via the ‘download’ link in your Account Management Portal, or via the blue button saying ‘Get the App’ knop in the last e-mail).The download page will recognise your operating system and offer you a Windows or Mac download accordingly.
- Many browsers show their downloads in the bottom of the screen, some others at the top.
- Windows: Double click the installer icon.You will see the following screens pass by:Click ‘next’, ‘accept’ and ‘finish’ when asked to.
- Mac: Double-click on the DMG install file. This will mount the installer drive and launch a Finder window.Click and drag the application to the Applications folder. You may be asked to provide your user account password.
E. Start SketchUp Pro and Log in with your Trimble ID
- After installing, you can start SketchUp. Click ‘Sign in’ to continue.Please note: If you had already installed SketchUp 2020 but you were still in Trial mode, you will need to log out and log back in.
- SketchUp Pro 2020 is ready for use!
- Click Files to start with a template, recent file or to open a file from the file browser.
How do I know whether I have a Trimble ID?
You have a Trimble ID if you:
- Can log in to the 3D Warehouse
- Can log in to the Extension Warehouse
- Use SketchUp Free
- Use Trimble Connect
- Have requested a trial for SketchUp Pro 2020
My activation link is expired, now what?
In the activation e-mail it says to click the button within 72 hours. However, if you have waited too long, you can still click that button. This will still take you to the correct page. There you will need to enter the required fields. Upon doing so, the website will tell you that your link was expired, and to click the ‘forgot password’ link.