Trimble has announced a new version of its popular modelling software SketchUp Pro, as well as a new web-based version called SketchUp Free. New features of SketchUp Pro include:
- Advanced Attributes that allow users to embed information into a model when creating and managing components.
- Improvements to Generate Report to enable users to aggregate component data so that information contained in models can be extracted and organised.
- Improvement to IFX export tools to ensure that attributes imported from other BIM applications are retained upon export.
- Section Planes can now be named. and performance has been improved.
- Filled and styled section cuts are now included in Sketchup, without the need for 3rd party plugins.
- Several drawing improvements including the ability to draw a rectangle around its center using modify keys, quicker control for rotated rectangles, improved Tape Measuring workflow, and axial colour coding added to the Free Hand tool.
- STL Import and Export is now natively supported.